The Birmingham Journal of Political economy (BJPE) strives to be an outlet of choice for works cutting across issues of classical political economy, political science, public administration, and business. The journal emphasizes theoretical and analytical pluralism, as well as diversity— in all its forms, but with particular emphasis on healing racial divides via representation. While not limited to, it welcomes works focusing on:
- Political economy (classical & heterodox).
- Economic thought & economic history.
- Political-economic development (national & global).
- International relations.
- International institutions and governance.
- International business.
- Process improvement & Six Sigma Management.
- Issues of social justice (labor, race, gender/sex).
All submissions published in BJPE are peer reviewed. Submissions are first screened by editors for suitability. Submissions of interest are then subjected to the double-blind peer review process.